Ogden Astronomical Society Forum Ogden Astronomical Society Forum
September 02, 2014, 04:30:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Due to the unwarranted amount of registrations from forum spammers the registration manger is disabled. If you wish to be added as a member of this forum please send the OAS management team a request through the form on the contact us page. Be sure to put forum registration in the subject box.   
Advanced Search  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Buying new or used?  (Read 2891 times)
watcher

View Profile
Buying new or used?
« on: November 25, 2006, 05:30:52 AM »

I just want to say , when buying a scope it pays to look at used ones. A lot of people get a scope and then get the fever and want to upgrade. I got my XT8i for half the price of a new one and it is only 1 year old. To me it looks brand new, the guy took great care of his scope and repacked it in all the same packing material it came with. I don't think I could tell it from a brand new one if I didn't know it was used. I will say I was a little nervous buying a used scope over the internet, and all deals like this may not turn out as good as mine, but I think generally most people with telescopes tend to take good care of them. Not only that,  he had already fitted a Telrad mount between the focuser and finder scope. He did an excellent job and it saves me from having to do it myself.

So, just keep an eye out on the used market when shopping for a scope, it can really pay off.   Thanks! - Rick B. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: